- 650g JAP pumpkin
- 150g butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups SRF
- 1 cup dark choc chips + 1/3 cup extra
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grease a muffin tray and line with muffin wrappers.
- Peel, deseed and chop up pumpkin into 2cm cubes.
- In a saucepan over medium low heat, add butter and pumpkin and cook till tender, approx. 10 to 12 minutes. Once pumpkin is tender, add in sugar and stir to dissolve and mix well. Remove from heat and carefully blitz with handheld blender till smooth.
- While mixture is still warm, place 6 tablespoons of the pumpkin mixture into cup and add in the 1/3 cup of choc chips and stir to melt till combined. Set aside. Pour the rest of the pumpkin mixture into a mixing bowl and add sour cream, eggs, vanilla essence, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and beat gently till just combined.
- Gently fold in flour and add choc chips before dividing batter equally into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Drizzle the reserved pumpkin choc mixture over the top of muffins. Let cool slightly before serving.
Pipe spider and web to decorate for a Halloween themed morning or afternoon tea.
Happy Halloween 👻🎃🧁