Sweet, fragrant with exotic spices and oh so easy and versatile.
No measuring required.
- 1 whole pumpkin
- A few cloves of garlic
- 1 red shallot
- Fennel seeds
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut pumpkin into 2 halves.
- Cut a small slice from under the pumpkin halves so they can stand upright.
- Dig out the seeds and place them on a lined baking pan to roast with the pumpkin.
- Fill centre of pumpkin with extra virgin olive oil, a few cloves of garlic and a peeled red shallot. Rub oil on surface of pumpkin, a sprinkling of fennel seeds, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, a good splash of maple syrup, and a generous amount of sea salt and some pepper.
- Roast on 175°C for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on size of pumpkin, or soft when pricked with a skewer.
- When ready, pour oil, garlic and shallot into a small bowl to use as dressing later. Scoop out contents (an ice cream scoop is handy for this). Serve warm or chilled with the roasted seeds and your favourite leafy greens, or turn it into an amazing mash. It can also be made into a soup mixed with stock and a dash of sour cream😋
Happy Stay at Home🏡