- 400g beef fillet or rump
- 1 bunch Bok Choy
- 1 tablespoons corn flour
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or Sherry (optional)
- White pepper
- Slice beef thinly into 3cm long pieces. Marinate with corn flour, pinch of white pepper, soy sauce and ½ tablespoon sugar. Mix well.
- Peel ginger and slice into thin strips. Wash Bok Choy and drain well. Cut each stem into 2 to 3 pieces.
- Heat wok until smokey. Pour in half the oil. Wait till wok becomes smoky again then gently add beef and stir a few times to separate. Do not over stir. Beef should be medium rare. Drain oil. Set beef aside.
- Wash Wok.
- Heat wok again until smoky. Pour in remaining oil. Wait till oil becomes smoky hot; add ginger, garlic and a pinch of salt. Add Bok Choy and stir continuously. Pour in the water, bit by bit. Stir fry for further 1 to 2 minutes. Add the par cooked beef, oyster sauce and the remaining sugar. Stir for a couple minutes. Finish with the rice wine or sherry. Serve immediately.