Serves 6 people
Cooking time 45 mins
- 100g rice vermicelli
- 30 pieces 25cm rice paper
- 500g deli BBQ chicken, shredded
- 1 lettuce, slice into strips
- 4 carrots, grated
- 1 bunch mint or Vietnamese mint
- 1 jar Ayam Hoisin Sauce (210g)
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Ayam Coconut Cream
- ¼ cup water
- Peanuts, thinly chopped, to garnish
- In a large saucepan, bring to boil 2 litres of water. Once boiling, cook vermicelli for 8 mins, detangle noodles with a pair of tongs while cooking. Transfer noodles to a colander. Rinse with running tap water. Drain and set aside.
- To make the dipping sauce, place the hoisin, peanut butter, coconut cream and ¼ cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring to combine. Bring the mixture to just below boiling point, then set aside to cool.
- To assemble the rolls, fill a large bowl with lukewarm water and dip 1 sheet of rice paper in the water until it softens, then lay flat on a plate. Place a few mint leaves, cooled vermicelli noodles, carrot, lettuce and chicken in the centre. Fold the ends into the centre over the filling, then roll up tightly. Repeat with the remaining rice paper sheets and fillings. Serve immediately.