125g softened unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups pistachio-roughly chopped
1 cup mix Nut Market glace fruits-roughly chopped
2 1/2 cups SRF
350g chocolate chips
Salt flakes for finishing
Preheat oven to 170°C
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, combine the butter, sugar, extracts, and salt in a large bowl. Add in eggs, one at a time.
- Fold in the nuts and glace fruits, and then slowly fold in the flour.
- Lightly grease both hands and divide dough into 2 half loaves, approx 20cm x 10cm per loaf. Place each half on the baking sheet, 8cm apart.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Avoid over bake. Cool the pan on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Once slightly cooled, using a bread or serrated knife, cut into 1cm thick slices. Lay out the slices on 2 baking sheets. Bake on separate oven racks for 12 minutes, then flip the cookies over and switch the cookie sheets. Bake another 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cookies inside with the door closed, for about 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on a rack before dipping in chocolate.
- Melt choc chips in a small bowl on a pot low simmering water. Stir until melted. Transfer melted chocolate to a cup for easy dipping.
- Dip each biscotti halfway into the chocolate, let the excess drip off, and then lay it down on parchment paper to firm up. Finish with a fine sprinkling of salt flakes.
Rest biscotti until completely set. Store in an airtight container in a cool place, if there’s any left!
Chef Nelly 👩🏻🍳