- Half a watermelon (cut widthwise)
- 2 limes-juice and rind
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Mint leaves-finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Tequila (leave out for non alcoholic version)
- Mint leaves
- Sea salt flakes
- With a sharp knife cut a 6cm depth round from the half watermelon. Cut out the watermelon flesh. Place ring on display plate. Set aside.
- Using a fruit baller or a round metal measuring spoon of various sizes, scoop out all the watermelon flesh and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- In a jar, combine all dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Pour dressing over watermelon balls and gently toss to coat. Let soak in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Once soaked and chilled, place balls into the ring. Garnish with more mint leaves. Sprinkle some sea salt flakes just before serving. 🍉