Skip to content
- 400g green beans, ends chopped off
- 1 red onion – sliced into slivers
- 1 punnet red grape tomatoes, cut into 1/2s
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup feta, crumpled
- ½ bunch basil leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil 4 tbsp. balsamic glaze 1 lemon, juiced and grated rind 1 clove garlic – minced ½ bunch basil – finely chopped 2 tsp sea salt
- Start with boiling water in a large saucepan. In the meantime, place iced water in a large mixing bowl.
- Once water is boiling, cook beans for 2 minutes. Drain immediately and place in iced water to cool.
- In a small bowl add olive oil, balsamic glaze, lemon juice, rind, garlic, chopped basil and salt. Stir well until combined.
- Drain beans completely. In a salad serving bowl, combine beans, onion, tomatoes ½ cup walnuts and ½ cup feta. Drizzle half of dressing into salad a toss well.
- Add remaining ½ cup walnuts, ½ cup feta and whole basil leaves on top of salad. Drizzle remaining dressing over top of the salad.
- Serve immediately. If chilling salad first, wait and add the dressing when ready to serve.