- 6 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups rinsed rice. 4 cups water. Bring to boil. Turn heat to low. Simmer until all water is absorbed (approximately 6-8 minutes). Turn off heat. Let rest for at least 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork. Let cool.
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 anchovies per person
- 250g Chicken, diced into 2.5 cm square pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ cup finely chopped spring onion
- In a hot wok, drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil from around the edge. Add in anchovies in whole pieces. Stir to break down into small bits. Fry till fragrant. Set aside.
- In a clean wok, heat and add rest of oil. Crack eggs into wok. Using a wok spatula, break the eggs into small lumps. Stir for a minute.
- Add in diced chicken. Stir until chicken turns an opaque colour. Add cooked anchovy. Stir to mix well.
- Add rice, ‘de-lump’ as you stir. Add sugar. Stir for a further minute or until everything is well mixed.
- Sprinkle in salt and lightly stir-fry. Finish with chopped spring onion.