- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp spice salt seasoning (refer to Salt Seasoning recipe below)
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Brush a sheet pan with a few drops of olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil and salt seasoning.
- Remove leaves from cauliflower and cut into 2cm thick slices. Then, carefully coat the oil mixture on both sides of cauliflower.
- Cut the lemon into thick slices and arrange cauliflower and lemon slices on sheet pan. Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is slightly charred on the edges and easily pierced with a fork.
- Serve warm as a main meal with a squeeze of the grilled lemon or chilled, tossed through with some leafy greens for a refreshing salad.
Other serving suggestions.
- Add a dollop of coconut yoghurt for a smooth, rich flavour.
- Finish with a drizzle of maple syrup, pepitas or crushed nuts and chopped dill.
Salt Seasoning Recipe
- 2 teaspoons Onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Celery seed
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
Place all ingredients in an electric blender and blitz till blended. Store salt seasoning in an airtight jar.