A smokey, mellow take on a classic Guacamole accompanied with a tangy salsa. Pre-grilled, lightly charred ingredients is the secret to this upgraded delicious all time favourite.Ingredients:
- 1 red onion,
- 2 to 4 (depending on heat preference) jalapeños or any seasonal peppers.
- 2 limes
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 2 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt
- A few sprigs of coriander
- Preheat a griddle.
- Chop coriander finely.
- Cut all produce, except coriander, into halves. De-seed the peppers and avocados. Leave avocados skin on for easy handling. Peel garlic. Brush all ingredients generously with olive oil. Sprinkle with smoked paprika, ground cumin and a few pinches of salt. Grill everything on each side for 4 to 5 minutes or until char lines appear. Set aside to cool slightly.
Pico De Gallo (salsa)
- Once cooled, dice up the onion, peppers tomatoes and 1 clove of garlic. Add half of the coriander and salt to taste into diced ingredients. Squeeze in 2 halves of lime and mix well. Divide salsa into 2 halves.
- Scoop out avocados and mash into a rustic texture. Add the other diced garlic, remaining coriander, salt to taste, squeeze in the remaining limes, half of the salsa and mix well.
- In a medium size bowl, form an outer ring with remaining salsa. Place guacamole in the centre of the bowl. Finish with a light sprinkling of smoked paprika and ground cumin.
Dip with cheesy corn chips or toasted pita bread.
Buen provecho, amigos!