- Half leg ham, approx 5kg
- 1 cup chilli jam
- 4 ripe mangoes, stoned, peeled and chopped
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 tbsp dark rum (optional)
- 1 ½ cups macadamias, chopped
Preparation Time: 70 minutes
- To make the glaze, place chilli jam, mango, lime juice, zest and rum in a food processor. Season and process until smooth. Stir through macadamias. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced). Remove skin from ham, carefully leaving a layer of fat. Using a sharp paring knife, slice a diamond pattern into the fat, taking care not to go too deep.
- Place ham in a large roasting tray. Glaze hock with foil and brush ham generously with the glaze.
- Cook for 1 hour, basting every 15 mins. Once caramelised, remove from oven and let rest. Serve warm or cold with any extra glaze on the side.