Cooking time 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Half leg ham
- 1/2 cup Steeves Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Maille Dijon Mustard
- 40g whole cloves
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced 160°C). Line a roasting pan with foil.
- Use a small knife to cut around ham shank about 10cm from the end. Run the knife under the rind, around the edge of the ham. Gently lift the rind off in 1 piece by running your fingers between the rind and the fat. Wrap the rind in a damp tea towel and place in the fridge, the rind can be used to cover any leftover ham.
- Score fat in a diamond pattern. Stud the centres of diamonds with cloves. Place in the prepared pan.
- Combine the maple syrup and mustard in a small bowl. Brush the ham evenly with the maple syrup mixture.
- Bake in oven, basting occasionally with pan juices for 1 hour or until golden brown. Set aside for 2 hours to cool. Carve and serve.