A delicious snack for a quick energy boost!
- 1 cup nut butter (almond, peanut, cashew or mixed nuts) – divided into 2 halves
- 5 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 15g goji berries
- 50g chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp Japanese toasted black sesame – divided into 2 halves
- 50g coconut chips – divided into 2 halves
- 10g freeze dried strawberries – divided into 2 halves
- Sea salt
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat. Toast coconut chips till they turn a light brown. Set aside. Soak pitted dates in the hot water.
- Place half of the nut butter in a smoothie blender, softened dates, honey and 1 tablespoon of the soaking water. Pulse till blended. 1 more tablespoon water may be added to keep the mixture moving.
- Add the rest of the nut butter, goji berries, half of the sesame seeds, chocolate chips, half of the freeze-dried strawberries and half of the coconut chips. Pulse till just blended. Mixture may need a few hand kneading to combine all ingredients. Set aside.
- On a large tray, combine remaining sesame seeds, coconut chips. freeze dried strawberries and a pinch of salt. Spread out mixture evenly.
- Put on a pair of gloves. Roll nut butter mixture into a 5cm roulade. Coat roulade with the seed/choc/strawberry mixture until well covered. Place roulade onto a large cling wrap and roll tight, twisting the ends to tighten, resembling a salami roll.
- Chill roulade in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or till firm. Once firmed, cut to desired slices. Keep roulade in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.