Nothing says Summer more than this tangy, salty, and slightly spicy summer grilled vegetable entertainer. The zesty and herbaceous dressing accompaniment will take the grilled veggies to the next level!
It’s the Umami flavours we crave for on these long, hot summer days!
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds-crushed
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
- 1 lime-zested and juiced
- 1 orange-zested and juiced
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 bunch coriander-finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- teaspoon sea salt
- Cracked pepper
TO MAKE THE DRESSING
- Drizzle olive oil into a saucepan over medium heat. Add coriander seeds and stir until fragrant. Remove seeds from oil.
- While oil is still hot add minced garlic so it cooks slightly. Set aside to cool completely. Once oil has cooled, add in toasted coriander seeds and remaining ingredients and mix until everything is combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into a small bowl. Set aside.
FOR THE SALAD
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 2 peaches-quartered and pitted
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 2 Zucchini-sliced into 1cm thick pieces lengthways
- 1 large red onion, sliced into quarters
- 1 red capsicum-deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum-deseeded and sliced
- 2 cups crumpled feta cheese
- 500g heirloom tomatoes-quartered
- 1 Hawthorne Garage size 20 Hot BBQ chicken
- 1 lemon-juiced
- Sea salt
- Extra pinches of chilli flakes for finishing
TO MAKE THE SALAD
- Coat all cut vegetables with olive oil.
- Pre-heat a large ridged grilling pan, or a BBQ grill. Grill all vegetables in small batches until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cool grilled vegetables on a rack. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Debone BBQ chicken. Pull chicken meat into large chunks. Mix lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of EVOO and pour over chicken.
TO ASSEMBLE SALAD ON THE BOARD
- Place dressing in the middle of board, or off centre if using a rectangular shaped board.
- Arrange peaches, zucchini, asparagus, red onion, capsicums, tomatoes and chicken around the dressing, alternating in colour for maximum presentation. Sprinkle crumpled feta and extra chilli flakes over salad.
- Use any kind of stone fruits for this recipe for extra sweetness.
- Turn this into a brunch board by adding hard boiled eggs, smoked salmon and some savoury bagels for an indulgent weekend feast!