- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 golden eschalot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 packet 500g The Stock Merchant Beef Bone Broth (GF)
- 4 Desiree potatoes, peeled & diced to 2.5cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons Megachef Oyster sauce (GF)
- 400g prime beef, trimmed and diced into 2.5cm squares
- 2 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil into a shallow pan and lightly brown shallot and garlic.
- Add 500g packet of The Stock Merchant Bone Broth to the pan and bring to a boil.
Once stock has come to a boil, add in diced potatoes, cover, and let simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes become tender but still firm when inserted with the tip of a knife. Remove and drain potatoes. Cover and set aside.
- Bring remaining stock to a gentle boil and let reduce to 1/3 of liquid.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Megachef oyster sauce to the reduced stock.
- Mash finely 2 pieces of boiled potatoes with a fork. Add to stock and stir till thickened and glossy. Remove from heat.
- Heat a large frying pan with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Once pan is hot, add diced beef and let sear and toss for 4 to 5 minutes, or until desired doneness. Do this in 2 batches if necessary. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In the same pan, sear and toss asparagus for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of jus.