- 1 large pear, peeled and cored
- 1 ripe plum, deseeded
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 dried chillies, optional
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
Blend all ingredients into a smooth paste. Or… make into a stir-fry sauce!
- In a saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Add in paste, bring to a gentle sizzle.
- Turn down heat, let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is caramelised. Stir occasionally.
- Let cool. Once cooled, store in an airtight jar.
- Use 5 or 6 tablespoons for a quick meat and veggie stir-fry. Also ideal as a stir- through sauce for hot noodles. Sauce will keep longer when stored in a sterilised jar.
ideal marinade for…
- Thinly sliced beef
- Lamb chops
- Chicken wings
Thinly sliced meats only need 30 minutes to 1 hour of marinating. Steak cuts need at least 4 hours.Download Recipe