This salad has it all with chunky potato, salty prosciutto, crunchy sweet pickles and creamy hard-boiled eggs, tossed together with a tangy dill dressing. It’s sure to be a hit with the whole family!
Serves 4 people.
- 600g Desiree or Chat potatoes
- 6 + 1 eggs
- 100g prosciutto
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp pickle juice
- 1/2 cup pickles-diced
- 1 bunch dill-chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- In a saucepan, bring to boil 2 litres of water. Add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Cut potatoes into 2cm thick wedges. Boil potato wedges in medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Scoop out wedges once they are cooked. Set aside to cool. Keep water for cooking eggs.
- Bring water back to a boil. Gently place all 7 eggs into saucepan and boil gently for 14 minutes. Refer to link for fail-proof perfectly cooked eggs: https://www.hawthornegarage.com.au/how-to-boil-the-perfect-egg/
Place eggs in icy cold water bath to cool.
- While eggs are cooking, grill prosciutto slices under a grill or on a pan till brown and crispy. Set aside.
- To prepare the dressing, in a medium mixing bowl, add mayo, sour cream, dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, pickle juice, 1 peeled egg, 1 teaspoon sea salt and pinch of pepper. Using a potato masher mix all ingredients until combined, ensuring the egg is mashed and well incorporated.
- Once prosciutto slices are cooled, scrunch them up into shards and small pieces. Peel remaining 6 eggs and cut into quarters. Add to potatoes, pickles, dill and prosciutto and mix together. Add in dressing and coat well. Top with a sprinkling of smoked paprika for extra flavour and colour.
Serve chilled. May be kept sealed in the refrigerated for up to a week.