- ½ cup golden syrup
- 110g butter
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1½ cups self raising flour
- 3tsp ground ginger
- 100g Cadbury Dairy Milk, chopped
- Red Smarties, to decorate
Preparation Time: 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Place the golden syrup, butter and sugar in a saucepan and warm over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar dissolved.
- Place flour and ginger in a large bowl. Add golden syrup mixture and mix well until combined. Line 2 trays with baking paper. Roll dough into 24 balls, place on trays and flatten. Bake for 12 mins or until golden. Remove from oven and cool.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and heat in microwave on a low setting for 1 min and stir. Repeat this process, stirring after every 1 min burst until melted and smooth. Spoon chocolate into a ziplock bag and snip off one corner with scissors. Using this to pipe reindeer faces onto the biscuits, adding a red Smartie for the nose.