Nothing says Summertime more than the tangy sweetness of sun-kissed, sunshine-state grown mangoes!
This soupy cooling dessert is great for those scorching summer days and has a perfect balance of sweetness, tanginess and texture. An instant summer cooler 🧊🧊❄️
Makes 4 to 6 bowls
- 2 Mangoes, peeled and diced
- 400 ml Coconut milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup Sago pearls (aka Tapioca pearls)
- 150 ml Oat milk (use nut milk for GF version)
- 3 cups Water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- In a small saucepan, add coconut milk, oat milk and sugar. Bring to a boil and let simmer on low heat for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved, stirring occasionally. Set aside and allow to chill completely in fridge.
- In a small saucepan, bring to boil 4 cups of water. Add tapioca pearls. Boil for 15 minutes, stirring regularly to avoid clumping, and simmer until pearls turn translucent. Run cool tap water over pearls in a strainer. Let pearls soak in cold water until ready to use.
- When ready to eat, place ice cubes into a smoothie blender and blitz till crushed. Add ice, pearls and diced mango to chilled coconut oat milk mixture. Enjoy!
For a non-DF and non-Vegan version add an icy scoop of vanilla ice cream to this dessert for that instant summer chill sensation!