- 3 continental cucumbers, deseeded
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Ugly Food & Co Chilli Oil, to taste
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Attributes: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Gently ‘smash’ cucumbers with a rolling pin until they begin to crack open. Cut the smashed cucumbers lengthways in 4, then into 4cm long pieces. Transfer to a bowl and season with 1 tsp salt. Leave for 10 mins, then drain excess liquid.
- Meanwhile mix vinegar, oil, tamari, wasabi, garlic, sugar and onion in a large bowl. Toss through cucumber. Scatter coriander leaves, sprinkle sesame seeds and serve.