- 80 g dried vermicelli noodles cooked as packet instructions or until soft and white
- 20 sheets of 22cm rice paper Yun’s Rice Paper available at Hawthorne Garage on the Asian shelves
- 250 g shredded cooked chicken sold by weight at Hawthorne Garage Deli
- 1 Lebanese cucumber cut in half then into 1cm strips
- 2 carrot-finely shredded
- Nam Cham sauce – (refer to recipe)
- Iceberg lettuce cut 2cm strip length ways
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint
- Bowl of warm water
Should be warm to hot but not scalding temperature
- Soak shredded carrot in Nam Cham sauce for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. Save the sauce for dipping.
- To assemble the rolls, fill a large bowl with warm water and dip 1 whole sheet of rice paper in the water until it softens and then lay flat on a plate.
- In the middle of the rice paper, place horizontally 3 to 4 mint leaves, a small amount of carrot, 1 piece cucumber, shredded chicken, softened vermicelli and top with a piece of lettuce.
- To form the roll, first fold the sides into the centre over the filling, then the bottom of the rice paper up and over. Roll from bottom to top to form a tight roll.
- Serve with Nam Cham and Hoisin Peanut dipping sauces.