Serves 8 to 10
- 180g butter
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mixed berries*
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Rind of 1 lemon
Icing sugar for dusting
Slices of lemon
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 24cm square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving extra paper over the rim for easy lifting after baking.
- In an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale in colour, then add flour gradually until a dough is formed. Press dough evenly onto sides and base of pan to form a flat surface.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
In the meantime, make the filling….
- In an electric mixer, whisk eggs and sugar until smooth. Add flour and combine well. Add lemon juice, rind and berries. Stir gently to incorporate.
- Once crust is baked, pour in filling.
- Cool in the fridge completely before lifting tarte out of the pan, dust with icing sugar and garnish with more berries and mint leaves.
*Cut strawberries into smaller pieces if using.
🍓So berry delicious😋